Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Tomatoes - 4
Onion - 1
Red chillies - 4
Channa Daal - 2 tsp
Urad Daal - 2 tsp
Jeera (cumin) seeds - 1 tsp
Tamarind - 1 small pulp
1. Chop tomatoes and onion. In a large pan, heat oil and add the daals and fry till turns golden brown.
2. Add red chillies, chopped onion and jeera and fry till onion turns golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, tamarind pulp and salt and fry till they get mashed up.
4. Remove from flame and cool it down.
5. Grind it to a smooth paste. Again heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry the paste in it for a few seconds.
6. It can be stored in fridge and used for a week.
I'm kind of rushing this to the FIL-Tomato event hosted by Sanghi. :)