Thursday, December 3, 2009
1. Rinse, peel and grate the carrots.
2. Heat the ghee in a large, heavy saucepan.
3. Add the grated carrots to the ghee and stir-fry for 15-20 mins or until the moisture from the carrots has evaporated and the carrots have darkened in colour.
4. Add the milk, evaporated milk, cardamoms and sugar to the carrot mix and continue to stir fry for a further 35-40 mins until it is rich brownish red colour.
5. Transfer the carrot mix to a large shallow dish.
6. Decorate with pistachios and serve at once.