Thursday, April 23, 2009
When I saw Lima beans curry at Usha's blog, I knew it was a must-try. So I gave it a try today and turned out great. I have replaced lima with Soy beans (edamame), nonetheless to say it has tons of proteins! :D Also adjusted the amount of ingredients according to my taste.
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1/2
Tomato - 1
Coriander powder(dhaniya) - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder(jeera) - 1/2 tsp
Soy beans - 1 1/2 cups (I used frozen)
Chopped cilantro - 2 tbsp
Green chillies -2
Ginger - 1 small piece
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon - 1
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Chop onion and tomato finely. Grind the ingredients given under "to grind" to a smooth paste with a little water.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds.
3. When they start to splutter, add chopped onion and fry till it becomes golden brown. Add chopped tomato and fry till is becomes soft.
4. Add the soy beans with cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook covered till it becomes soft.
5. Now add the ground paste and cook for 5 more minutes covered. Add a little water if required.
6. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with roti/rice.
This curry goes to WYF:Sidedish hosted by EC.
I guess Tulip Festival is going on at Skagit valley now. I miss that beautiful sight of uniform, colorful flowers. I thought I could share a picture with my friends who haven't visited this wonderful valley.
Btw, this picture was clicked by Sriram. I just love this queen orange tulip standing head up among her yellow subjects!! :D
Thanks dears and have a wonderful weekend! :)