Friday, January 23, 2009
Mor kulambu is a curry prepared with yogurt and some spices. I have fusioned it with my mom's recipe and another Tamil recipe. I like both the recipes originally but when fusioned, gave a whole different taste. So posting my own fusion here.
I'm sending this entry to the event Food In Colors - Yellow hosted by Sunshinemom.
Yogurt - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts - 5
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Onion - 1/2
Red chillies - 2
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Channa daal, Urad daal - 1/4 tsp each
Methi powder - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Cilantro - for garnishing
1. In a blender, blend green chillies, ginger, grated coconut, cashew nuts and cumin seeds nicely.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, channa daal urad daal, curry leaves, red chillies and onion.
3. When onion turns golden brown, add methi powder and asafoetida.
4. Now add the blended mix and yogurt with turmeric powder and let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice and any side dish.