Saturday, January 17, 2009
Paneer Butter Masala is one of my favourite paneer recipes. Paneer is a healthy dish for kids with delicious taste. With this recipe we just add onion, tomato and butter with paneer cubes as main ingredients. So it takes about 30 minutes to prepare and serves four. For preparing Paneer at home, follow recipe from Deepa's Kitchen. This entry will go to the cooking for kids event hosted by Preety : Announcing Cooking for Kids Event -Milk
Paneer - 200 g
Onion(big) - 1
Tomatoes - 3
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander (dhaniya) powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 50 g
Milk - 2 tbsp
1. Chop paneer into small cubes. In a little butter, fry paneer till it becomes golden brown.
2. Blend onion and tomatoes separately.
3. In a pan, add the rest of the butter and heat. When the butter melts a little, add blended onion paste and ginger-garlic paste and simmer the flame.
4. When the raw flavour has left, add red-chilli powder, coriander powder and tomato puree and boil the mix for 10 minutes.
5. Finally, add paneer cubes, garam masala and salt and boil for 5 minutes.
6. Remove it from flame and add 2 tbsp of milk and now the paneer butter masala is ready to serve.
7. Paneer butter masala can be served with roti and naan.