Sunday, April 19, 2009
After posting some sweets, I thought I should post something simple. This carrot fry is simple and goes well with rice as a side dish. In great feasts like marriage feast, they would serve it in a corner ;) as one of side dishes. Its good for health, good in taste and good in simplicity too! :)
Carrots - 2
Onion - 1/2
Green chilli - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Curry masala powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp (optional)
Chopped cilantro - 2 tsp
1. Grate carrots, chop onion and slit green chilli.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they start to pop up, add curry leaves and green chilli.
3. After a few seconds, add chopped onion and fry till it becomes soft.
4. Add grated carrots along with salt and fry till it becomes soft. It takes about 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with either curry masala powder OR grated coconut and chopped cilantro.