Monday, March 30, 2009
This is a very simple fry for potato lovers without any hassles involved. You can go for this fry if you have potato at home. Goes well with any rice varieties.
Potato - 2 or 3
Onion - 1/2
Red chilli - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Channa daal - 1/2 tsp
Urad daal (split) - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5 or 6
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chopped cilantro - 2 tsp
1. Pressure cook potatoes with 2 cups of water (about 3-4 whistles). After the pressure is realeased, skin the potatoes and break them into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a large pan, heat oil and do thadka with mustard seeds, curry leaves, channa daal, urad daal and then add red chilli.
3. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
3. Add potatoes with turmeric powder and salt and fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Garnish with chopped cilantro.