Thursday, February 19, 2009
I named it "Simple" because it is so simple to prepare with no grinding involved. Whenever we don't feel like cooking something elaborately, we can always have this option for chapathi. My mom used to make it all the time and now I prepare it once in a while. :)
Potatoes - 2 or 3
Onion (medium) - 1/2
Tomato - 1
Green chilli - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Besan flour - 2 tbsp
Curry masala powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Pressure cook the potatoes, mash them and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and add mustard seeds. When they start to splutter, add chopped onion and green chilli and fry till onion turns golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomato and turmeric powder and fry till tomatoes are soft. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
5. Add besan flour, curry masala powder and fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the mashed potatoes, salt and enough water to bring it to consistency.
6. Boil the masala for 5 minutes. This potato masala can be served with roti or naan.
Simple Potato Masala is my entry to CFK-Potato hosted by Deepa, initiated by Sharmi.