Friday, October 22, 2010
Very known, and well favored stir-fry for all ages and suitable for one of the Navrathri eves.
1. Green peas - 1 cup
2. Channa daal, Urad daal - 1/2 tsp
3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
4. Green chillies - 2
5. Coconut (shredded) - 3 tsp
6. Oil - 1 tsp
7. Asafoetida - a pinch
8. Curry leaves - 1 strand
9. Cilantro - 2 tsp
1. Soak beans for 8 hrs and cook in pressure cooker with salt for 3 whistles.
2. Grind green chillies and shredded coconut in a mixer grinder into a coarse powder.
3. Heat oil in a pan, and do tadka with mustard seeds, asafoetida powder, channa daal, urad daal, curry leaves and add the tadka to the beans.
4. Garnish the beans with the coarse powder of chillies and coconut and also with chopped cilantro.